"Workforce Education at Green River was VERY instrumental in allowing me to go back to school, and I'm grateful for all the assistance I received and continue to receive." - Genie L, Green River Student

"Make sure you talk to Workforce Education...They can help in many ways to make things go smoothly and make sense." - Chris S, Green River Student

"Workforce Education...will embrace you and lend a helping hand with open hearts." Elsie Q, Green River Student

"Workforce Education has been there for me since day one!" - Jenny S, Green River student

Feb 12, 2013

Student Success Profile: Melinda Harvey

Today's student success profile features a brief Q and A with Melinda Harvey. Melinda is a Workforce Education student who is enrolled in the Business Management program at Green River. She's nearing completion of her degree but her adventure's just beginning. Check out her story below!
Melinda Harvey

Hi Melinda. Can you tell us what it's like to be a student in the Business Management program at Green River?

Melinda: I enjoyed being a student here at Green River Community College. I can tell you that I had to press my way through classes, working forty hours a week and raising four children. It was hard but I did it. I enjoyed Jeff Perlot and Tim Broxholm (Business faculty members at Green River). They are wonderful teachers, mentors, and they really go the extra mile to help you succeed.

Can you tell us the story of how you decided to pursue training in this field of study?

Melinda: I chose Business Management because I always knew that I would publish books and run my own business. So I had a strong desire to learn how to be the best at running a business.

It looks like you're nearing completion of your Business Management degree. Congrats! What are your plans after graduation?

Melinda: I have just published my first book called, "Loosed to Live: A Reflection of God's Healing." I will be attending Northwest University in Spring 2014, completing a business BA then a Masters in Entrepreneurship. I will also publish the four more books that I have started.

$$$ Tip: All four Workforce Education funding programs - BFET, Opportunity Grant, Worker Retraining, and WorkFirst - support Business Management at Green River.